Sunday, September 5, 2010

Missionary BIRTHDAY!

Elder Abregu "shoving the cake" in Elder Bassett's face!
Ward members gather for Elder Bassett's special day!!
family.
Jiulianna was baptized on Saturday. It was a special experience. In the middle of the baptismal service, a dog somehow got in the room and started running around. Only in Peru. Aside from that, it was great. She has great desires to go forward with faith and is learning to appreciate the Book of Mormon. I think her sister Angela is pretty close as well. We'll see.
Thanks everyone for wishing me a happy birthday. It was a great day. To answer Dad's question, the tradition is that the birthday person takes a bite out of the cake and someone always shoves their face in. I'm pretty sure I still have frosting up my nose. But no worries, they gave me that piece.
Some members of the ward found out it was my birthday and gave me a party. I also went and visited a couple of members. They are so generous and give all that they can. I ate a ton, which is always good. I felt a lot of love. It was kind of a strange feeling to have someone do something for me after constantly thinking of others, but it made me happy.
Ally, thanks for welcoming me into the "twenty-somethings" group of the family. I realized for the first time today that our family no longer has "kids", only teenagers and old people. The fact that I've gone from the teenagers to the old people is a little hard to swallow. I'm in denial.
I love you guys a ton. Thanks for the prayers.
elder bassett.

No comments:

Post a Comment